Sunday, March 28, 2010

Puppies are Nine Weeks Old Today!

I cannot believe how quickly time has flown! The puppies kept me so busy for about the first eight weeks that I lost all track of time. I guess it's about time to bring you up to date on what has been going on around here. :)

When the pups were 6 weeks old, Apollo went home with his new mommy. I was so sad to see him go, and yes, there were tears. But, I know that he is in a loving home where he is very spoilt and cherished. Apollo has also been given a new name, Bently. Isn't he a big boy? This is the last photo I have of me with Apollo/Bently before he went to his new home. (Sorry it's blurry)


Then there were 4 left: Clockwise from top right: Alcyone, Hyperion, Damia and Helios.


During the seventh week, prospective parents came over to visit Alcyone. Of course, the hubby fell in love with the wee pup. The prospective parents already have 2 Jack Russells, but they are the wife's babies and the hubby wanted a companion for himself. Yes, Alcyone now had a new home. Alcyone went to her new home the next Sunday, and I am sure that she is loving it there. :)

And then there were 3. Actually there were two as hubby and I had already decided that we (read I)were keeping Damia. I just could not let that wee bundle go to anyone else. She belongs with me. <3

So, that left Helios and Hyperion, the 2 males, waiting for adoption. The next weekend, a friend, "D", and her son, "I", had come up from "Down South". Their own beloved four-legged friend had passed over the Rainbow Bridge the year before and I knew that "I" missed his friend dreadfully. I walked one of the pups down to the library where "D and I" were helping out, and "I" took one look at Hyperion and fell in love. Because "D" has allergies, it was decided that Hyperion would stay with them for the week, to see how things went.

Well, at the end of the week, "D" let me know that Hyperion would now be a part of the family and that "I" was totally besotted with the pup. Yes, "D" has allergic reactions to to the pup, even though he is short haired, but they are going to work around that. So, Hyperion has become a best buddy to "I", hence his new name "Buddy." :)

Here is one of the last photos of Hyperion and Alcyone before they went to their adoptive homes.


And so, that left us with Helios and Damia. :)


As you can see by how cute and cuddly Helios is, there was no way I was giving up my little "furball", and besides, Damia needs someone her own age to play with. ;)

The only problem with Helios is that he is like a wee mop. I am continually washing him as he tends to absorb puppy piddle and his fur gets all matted and stinky. I'm using baby shampoo on him due to the frequency of his baths, and that way his skin won't dry up on him. ;) Talk about spoilt puppies! But who can resist them? <3

Then there is the expense of having four doggies in the house. Sheba and Lady on adult dog food, Helios and Damia on puppy food until they are a year old. More toys, meds and vet visits. I had to come up with a way to earn more money, without getting another job. So I came up with...

Furpal Greetings(TM). (Yes, I researched the trademark and the only furpal is a pet-sitting service, so I am in the clear there.) I decided that the puppies would be the focus of my new line of greeting cards, stickers, keychains and other gift wares, and my first "design" uses my favourite photo of Damia.


And now, I must be off. Damia and Helios are crying for their lunch, and then it's playtime for the pups before they have their naps. Until next time, take care and "Puppy Hugs" for all!

No comments: